Points For Wood Arrows
We have a wide range of Points for Wooden Arrows:
- A big range of weights and sizes is available.
- Points for wooden arrows fit over the wood shaft.
- Fitting types include , taper fitting, parallel fitting and screw on fitting.
- Points are mainly made of Brass or Blued Steel
Heavier points make the arrows more forward heavy, which causes the arrow to fly more steadily but perhaps a little slower. Too light a point can cause the arrow to plane through the air and so to be less consistent in flight. Worth trying out some different weights and types to find the optimum for your arrows. 100 grain and 125 grain weight points are probably the most popular weight on bow and arrow set ups for adults.
- Fitting Taper points requires putting a taper on the wood shaft. This can be easily be done with a Taper Tool which puts the correct angle and length on the shaft.
- Fitting Parallel points is best done by fitting on in the chuck of a drill and setting it rotating. Then pushing the wood shaft into the back of the rotating point to slightly compress the wood so that a snug fit is made before gluing the point in place.